Field Conflicts

Recently I faced a strange issue, I used a filed (lookup) twice in the form and applied a pre-filtering java-script to the field. But only one filed is getting filtered by the script.I tried many options and I couldn’t identify the issue. Have you even faced  this issue ? Finally I got the answer from  Scott Durow ( Thank you Scott!!! ). I decided to post this issue because if someone is facing the same issue , this will help them to solve the issue. Following is the explanation for this issue.

The issue you are experiencing is because the ‘getControl’ method returns only the first control – so in fact you are only adding the custom filter to the first control.

An attribute object has a ‘controls’ collection that can give you all the controls for a specific attribute. So you can add the filter to all the controls by using something like:

Xrm.Page.getAttribute(“fieldname”).controls.forEach(

function (control, i) {

control.addPreSearch(filterCustomerAccounts);

var customerAccountFilter = “<filter type=’and’><condition attribute=’accountcategorycode’ operator=’eq’ value=’1’/></filter>”;

control.addCustomFilter(customerAccountFilter, “account”);

}

);

Hope this helps!!!

Nijo

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s