Sometimes your on-premise CRM system will show, some weird behaviors like workflows are not executing / plugins are not working / data imports are failing without any data issues etc…
I have faced certain issues like the entire system is not working , system will show error messages without any logs, the only message it displays is “an error has occurred”.
Following are the common issues you can check in such situations.
Ensure CRM Asynchronous services are running
From the server Administrative Tools select Services, and if the CRM Asynchronous services are not running ensure to start the services (if the Asynchronous services are not running CRM will stop working).
Ensure CRM Sandbox services are running
From the server Administrative Tools select Services, and if the CRM Sandbox services are not running ,please start the services. If the Sandbox services are not running CRM will stop working or the normal system jobs will fail without showing any valid errors .
Ensure the following in IIS
CRM application pool and CRM website are up. Try browsing the CRM website from IIS.
Make sure your SQL server and Reporting services are up
Ensure your local machine time is in sync with the server time
This may sound funny but trust me this simple point can save your many productive hours.
Recently my system failed to perform certain operations and I wasn’t able to connect the Xrm tools too. When I debugged I got the keyword “past time” , then I identified that the server time was different from my local machine.
If you have tried all the above steps and still you are not able to identify the issue,please check the server event viewer this may give you some details regarding the failure.
Hope this helps!!!… 🙂